Requisition: # A0233.2
Recruitment Type: Regular Full Time
Under the general direction of the University Librarian or designate(s), you are responsible for coordinating administrative and day-to-day operational functions to support the effective and efficient delivery of library services. You will provide superior front-line client service to staff, faculty, students, and visitors on a daily basis in order to ensure that clients can access the library building, collections, and services during posted operational hours. This position is responsible for key operations in the area of front line client service, receiving inquiries and applying policies related to circulation, bookstore, and other service transactions, daily cash counts, maintaining user and collection information in the Library system with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, and supporting librarians and technical staff in maintaining the library systems, and creating or updating documentation related to library services. This position will provide support particularly to copyright clearances, application of metadata, and content addition to the institutional repository.
- A Library Technician diploma and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a library environment (prefer post-secondary), or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience providing high quality direct customer service as a primary role responsibility
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, various internet browsers and computer operating systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to implement course of action or make recommendations
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated use of good judgment with ability to make decisions within scope of the position
- Strong client focus
- Well-developed inter-personal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
This is a regular, full-time position working 37.5 hours per week. This position is normally scheduled to work in the evenings from Sunday – Thursday. This position has been evaluated at ADM-D with a salary range of $50,897 (minimum) to $59,879 (midpoint) to $68,861 (maximum) per annum. Employment offers will normally be made between the minimum and midpoint of the range and are determined by knowledge, experience and internal equity. The University is pleased to offer a comprehensive benefit package. Royal Roads University is strongly committed to fostering diversity within our community. We welcome those who would contribute to the further diversification of our faculty and staff including, but not limited to, women, visible minorities, Indigenous people,, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
Application submission information:
Please go to https://royalroads.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Pos... and apply online.
While Royal Roads University values all applications we receive, only those candidates shortlisted for further consideration will be contacted. Please note that all qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, applications from Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. If you require any form of accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org attention: Damon Colgan or 250-391-2600 extension 4402 so we can offer you individualized assistance and ensure equity in our recruitment and hiring process. ALL COMPETITIONS WILL CLOSE AT 10.00 P.M. ON THE DATE OF CLOSING