The Peel Law Association invites applications for the contract position of Library Technician - Maternity Leave. The position requires a dedicated team player with strong customer service skills and a demonstrated attention to detail.
Overview of Responsibilities:
* Communicate with and assist clientele as a frontline representative of the organization offering outstanding customer service
* Provide reference and research service to users while assisting with electronic and print resources
* Process and record new materials, fulfill requests for inter-library loan and document delivery services
* Reconcile petty cash, monthly billings and process payments for services
* Assist with the registration, material preparation and organization of education and social events
* Ability to assist users with computers, mobile devices, electronic information resources, MS Office and social media software applications
* Provide data entry and perform other administrative tasks as assigned to assist with the maintenance of the collection and other database records
* Other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Requirements:
* A Library Technician Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
* Ability to work effectively in a collegial, team-oriented environment
* Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to manage priorities, work accurately and efficiently
* Proficient computer, Internet and current technology skills
* Previous library experience is an asset
Please submit your resume and cover letter as an email attachment to Melissa Firth, Executive Officer | Law Library Director at firstname.lastname@example.org and clearly identify in the subject line Library Technician Application. No personal inquiries please.
The deadline for applications is 6:00 pm Monday, January 20, 2019.
We thank all applicants, but only those invited for an interview will be contacted.