Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
JOB OVERVIEW: LIBRARY TECHNICIAN
To provide frontline support and circulation services at the Checkout Counter and a range of functional area duties such as financial services, inter-campus requests, orientations, reserves, serials, interlibrary loan, bookings, open education projects, social media initiatives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Completion of a two-year Library Technician diploma from a publicly accredited post-secondary institution or combination of equivalent education, training and experience.
• Experience using an automated circulation system.
• Ability to use tact and discretion with a variety of people and situations and work in a team environment.
• Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Keyboarding skills, understanding of computer concepts and terminology, and experience with word processing software and file management systems.
• Knowledge of library classification systems
• Ability to work with a minimum of direct supervision, to establish priorities, achieve deadlines, problem solve and function well under pressure
• Previous experience working in a public services environment.
• Physical ability to:
o move materials on carts.
o stand for long periods of time.
o stand on step stools and bending and reaching when shelving.
o lift moderate to heavy weights e.g.30 to 50 pounds.
• Experience accurately creating and editing online records.
click here for a more detailed job description
Area specific duties for this posting are Audiovisual and Social Media. Timings are Mon - Thurs 1:45-9:15pm, Fri 11:45-7:15pm. 35 hours per week.
2 paid 15-minute rest periods and 1 unpaid 30-minute meal period.
One year contract with possible extension.
to apply, please visit our careers centre: https://tre.tbe.taleo.net/tre01/ats/careers/v2/vie...
Annual salary increases are based on hours worked and anniversary dates
Please note: As per the KPU-BCGEU Collective Agreement, qualified internal applicants within the BCGEU bargaining unit are given first consideration in filling this position. Internal applicants must apply by 11:59pm on the internal closing date in order to be considered as an internal applicant. Internal applications received after the closing date will be considered as an external applicant.
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.