Librarian Surrey , BC
Western Community College is looking for a full time librarian for its Library in the Surrey Campus. The potential candidate must have experience with the digital library platforms and should be able to work in a fast paced environment. The job responsibilities for the position are as follows:
- Develops, implements, and maintains the Library Strategic Plan
- Develops and implements an annual Library Services Operation plan
- Provides leadership and coordination of all library functions
- Evaluates effectiveness of library functions using key quality indicators related to library services
- Develops library policies and procedures
- Supervises and evaluates performance of library staff. Coordinates the development of personal performance plans and appropriate training of library staff
- Coordinates and provides leadership in all aspects of campus library services, including selecting materials, maintaining collections, and training staff and students in the use of library resource.
Cataloguing and Data Bases
- Coordinates and accomplishes the cataloging of all library materials using national standards as determined by ALA (American Library Association).
- Coordinates and accomplishes the selection and reduction of library materials according to collection development criteria.
- Maintains a current inventory of library collections.
- Maintains the integrity of the library database by directing technical processes and verifies the accuracy of all processed materials.
Student and Faculty Assistance
- Designs and provides group and individual library instruction and orientation for faculty, staff, and students.
- Serves as the library's point of contact to schedule and provide library instruction.
- Coordinates and provides reference and information desk services for students, faculty, and staff.
- Administers copyright policy and procedures
Education and Experience required:
MLS and 1 to 3 years library experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $52,000.00-$54,200.00 per year
To apply: please send resumes to email@example.com with “Application for Library Position” in the subject line.
Closes: 23 February, 2022
Western Community College
Surrey , BC