Library Technician Richmond , BC
Richmond Public Library is currently recruiting a full time Library Technician to provide programming and services at our Ironwood branch.Shifts include evenings and weekends.
To ensure success in delivering our service model to a diverse community you have:
- A diploma from a Library Technician program plus related experience
- A passion for making a difference in your community
- Enthusiasm for collaborating with library and community members on new programs, digital technologies and community created content
- Excellent community service skills gained through experience in community outreach
- Excellent customer service skills gained through creative and innovative programming
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Progressive leadership skills
- Indigenous candidates and candidates who speak languages in addition to English are welcome and encouraged to apply
- An organization of real people with a reputation for innovation and responding quickly to our community’s needs. Your colleagues have a passion for literacy and life-long learning and a deep commitment to helping the community by sharing their knowledge and expertise
- A library system that provides diverse materials and learning spaces, inspiring creativity, sharing and knowledge building
- Competitive salary, health benefits, pension, free parking and growth opportunities
Please see our website http://rpl.yourlibrary.ca/account/about_rpl/jobs_at_rpl for details about this position.
Send your application via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday, December 15, 2019. Please use “Library Technician 2019-18” in your subject line and include:
- A cover letter describing how you demonstrate the skills noted above.
- A current resume.
- At least two examples of programming projects including descriptions of your responsibilities on each project.
While the Richmond Public Library thanks you in advance for your interest, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
A criminal record check is a condition of employment.
Closes: 15 December, 2019
Richmond Public Library
Richmond , BC