Learning Commons & IT Integration Officer Hamilton , ON
Hillfield Strathallan College is a co-educational independent day school established in Hamilton in 1901. The College’s four schools provide academic programs from Montessori Toddler and Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 12. The College has a current enrolment of approximately 1,150 students and thousands of alumni worldwide.
Hillfield Strathallan College is recruiting for the following positions:
Learning Commons & IT Integration Officer
This position will provide support to the College’s Elementary and Senior Learning Commons (ELC, SLC). Reporting to the Learning Commons Coordinator (LCC), the incumbent will help to build capacity of all users through recommendations for improvements and through job embedded training on the library catalogue, virtual library, HSC archives and other student support library tools.
- Working as part of the Learning Commons team to ensure services remain responsive to the current and future needs of the user community
- Processing and cataloguing resources
- Working with children (projects, story time) in support of the Learning Commons program
- Assisting in launching services in support of the College’s evolving e-learning and digital research initiatives
- Assisting students, faculty and other members of the community with reference materials, electronic and print collection
- Performing bibliographical searches for staff to assist with lesson planning and classroom instruction
- Using library software systems to retrieve and enter data and generate reports and notices
- Assisting with circulation (loans, holds, shelving, etc.)
- Supporting the use of the collection through displays and promotion of resources
- Processing the Archives collection by recording, managing, and updating materials
- Independently supervising and supporting students and participating in the training and supervising of volunteers
- Providing input into the planning and creation of learning spaces in the Learning Commons
- Modeling effective technology fluency and promoting web literacy
- Delivering workshops and individual support for research-related instruction
- Assisting in the implementation of transformative technologies such as podcasts, wikis, blogs, etc.
- Provide minor help desk support for IT resources in the Learning Commons
- The successful candidate will be a certified Library Technician highly skilled in computer and software applications, and knowledgeable about web searches and maintaining web pages. School librarian course considered an asset.
- The position requires the ability to communicate clearly and effectively. The candidate must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with Learning Commons users and staff and to provide guidance and instructions to students and volunteers.
- The candidate must be able to work independently and exercise initiative and good judgment in applying rules, procedures, and instructions.
Interested candidates are invited to apply to http://hsc.simplication.com/WLSBLogin.aspx by Monday, July 22, 2019.
Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closes: 22 July, 2019
Hillfield Strathallan College
Hamilton , ON