Program Facilitator Perm P/T Edson , AB
In consultation with the Library Manager and Technicians: the Program Facilitator will safely carry out the day to day development, marketing and delivery of regular and special programs
They will establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with staff, public and other organizations within the community
They will positively represent and promote the library and its programs by understanding the organization’s goals and advocacy objectives
- Enjoys working with Children and Teens
- Creative and enthusiastic storyteller with strong oral and written communication skills
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; related post-secondary education an asset
- Previous experience in working directly with the public is a definite asset
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, attention to detail, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to learn the library shelving system and assist in guiding to materials
- Previous programming experience is an asset
- Interest in lifelong learning, professional development and career-related learning
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office & Outlook, library-based smart device applications, social media
- Ability to work within set budget
- Able to work regular weekday shifts and occasional evenings and Saturdays
- Valid Driver’s License, Standard First Aid, Child Intervention Record Check, and Criminal Record Check are required
- Able to setup and clean the programming space
EXPECTATION OF CONDUCT:
- The employee is aware of the Edson and District Public Library mission, goals and objectives.
- The employee will act in a professional manner as a member of the Edson and District Public Library team.
- The employee is able to work independently within the parameters and towards goals set by the Head Librarian.
- All matters of the Edson and District Public Library will be kept in strict confidence.
Approximately 25 hours per week, 5 hours a day 1:00-6:00 Monday to Friday.
This is a CUPE (Canadian Union of Public Employees) workplace, and the successful applicant will adopt the Wage Schedule as per the Edson Public Library’s Collective Agreement.
Remuneration $20/hour during the probationary period (4 months) increasing to $20.50 after a successful performance review.
Send Cover Letter and Resume to Library Manager Michael Baird at firstname.lastname@example.org
Position to be filled ASAP. Interviews currently underway, position open until a suitable candidate is found.
$20 - 20.50 /hour
Closes: 6 August, 2022
Edson and District Public Library
Edson , AB