Librarian - Alexander College Vancouver , BC
The Vancouver Campus Librarian (hereafter, Librarian) reports to the Director of Student Affairs
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (40 hours), permanent
The Employee will work 40 hours per week, Monday-Friday, 8:00AM-4:30PM
LOCATION: Alexander College, Vancouver Campus
- A minimum of a Master’s degree from an ALA-accredited school
- At least one year’s experience as a professional librarian, in an academic setting preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility and initiative to adapt to changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to work in a non-traditional environment and to manage a multi-task workload
- Ability to work independently or within a team
- Ability to maintain collegial relationships with other staff members
- Broad knowledge of academic library service issues
- Familiarity with current and emerging technology and information resources
- Demonstrated management experience
- Demonstrated instructional experience (preferably in ESL or academic settings)
- Demonstrated experience with web development, website maintenance, and the operation of an Integrated Library System
- Strong user service orientation
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with users from a wide variety of cultural and linguistic backgrounds.
- Work Hours. Librarians are required to work for 8 hours per day, excluding a half hour lunch break.
- Division and Staff Meetings. Librarians are required to attend division and staff meetings as scheduled by members of the Administrative staff.
- Supervise and maintain the Library’s physical space, its resources, and manage auxiliary library staff (e.g.: student workers in the library, Library Assistants).
- Perform collection development activities and maintenance, in accordance with Alexander College policies and guidelines. (e.g. purchasing, cataloging, & weeding).
- Order and add recommended reading list books for new courses or curriculum updates to collection.
- Offer and/or coordinate information and learning resource services to students, staff and instructors of Alexander College’s Vancouver campus.
- Provide reference services in traditional and virtual contexts.
- Provide library orientations and information literacy workshops.
- At the behest of Alexander College Instructional staff, provide academic-related workshops in classes at either Alexander College campus.
- Support the instructors and staff with Alexander Online.
- Communicate with college administration, committees, and external stakeholders.
- Participate with AskAway on a weekly basis, on behalf of Alexander College.
- Contribute to program and policy development, including library-related student activities.
- Work with staff from other divisions on creating and implementing new initiatives at the College.
- Assist with Institutional Effectiveness and other division reports and Accreditation needs, as required.
- Coordinate, produce and distribute student ID cards.
- Create, update, and maintain student printing accounts.
- Assist with archiving course materials at the end of each term for the appropriate campus.
- Provide students with information about other libraries and resources that are available.
- Maintain professional development, associations, and memberships.
- Participate on committees, as needed.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Director of Student Affairs or other senior Administrative staff.
How to Apply:
If you are interested in the above position and you would like to apply, please apply with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank-you!
The position will be open until filled.
Closes: 12 December, 2017
Vancouver , BC