STUDENT ENGAGEMENT & COMMUNITY OUTREACH LIBRARIAN Surrey , BC
STUDENT ENGAGEMENT & COMMUNITY OUTREACH LIBRARIAN – Competition Number 17-62
Commencing July 2017, Kwantlen Polytechnic University seeks an 80% Regular Student Engagement and Community Outreach Librarian. Reporting to the University Librarian, the successful candidate will:
- coordinate and implement Library promotional campaigns within KPU and to the broader community;
- act as the Library’s primary contact for KPU student groups, high schools, and student outreach programs and initiatives at KPU;
- provide reference, research and instructional services to our diverse student body and to our faculty.
About Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Celebrating over 30 years as an institution, KPU has four campuses located in the Metro Vancouver area - Surrey, Richmond, Langley and Cloverdale - serving more than 17,500 students annually. KPU offers more than 120 diverse programs including career, vocational trades and technology programs as well as bachelor's degrees. Since 2007, KPU has been named a Top Employer in BC, making it a leader in attracting and retaining quality employees.
- Provide leadership in planning and implementing the promotion of Library events, collections, and services.
- The successful candidate will:
- Envision and create promotional material, in various print and online formats, in collaboration with the Library’s Documentation Technician and KPU’s Marketing department;
- Plan and implement events and displays to engage with KPU and the broader community;
- Work in consultation with other university units on issues related to student engagement, community outreach, and first year experience;
- Create engaging promotional content for the Library’s website and social media;
- Provide reference service in all disciplines as a member of a team serving students and faculty in an active teaching and learning environment;
- Work with other librarians and staff on project teams and committees;
- Develop professional knowledge and skills on a continuing basis;
- Liaison areas may be assigned to this position dependent upon experience and subject background of the successful applicant.
- MLIS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Experience successfully organizing events and programming.
- Experience working with, and creating dynamic content for, social media and the web.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic promotion and marketing skills and approaches.
- Demonstrated ability to provide reference assistance to students and faculty from a variety of disciplines in an academic library environment.
- Demonstrated skill in planning and delivering instruction in both one-on-one and class environments.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collegial team environment.
- Superior interpersonal and collaborative skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a strong public service focus.
- Ability to work well with a wide variety of students, faculty, staff, and community members of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work shifts, including weekends and evenings.
- Ability to provide budgetary input as requested.
- Experience with chat reference software and service provision.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT:
80% Regular Faculty position beginning in early July 2016. Some weekend and evening work will be required.
This position is based at KPU Langley, but the candidate will be required to travel to other campuses for occasional meetings as well as for reference shifts and outreach work.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to the principle of equity in employment and offers equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
The successful applicant will be appointed at a level commensurate with his or her experience and qualifications.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University Full Time Regular Faculty Salary Scales can be viewed here
To be given assured consideration, applications should be submitted via email, quoting competition number 17-62 by May 4, 2017 to: email@example.com
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
Closes: 4 May, 2017
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Surrey , BC