Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
JOB OVERVIEW: LIBRARY SUPERVISOR
The Library Supervisor coordinates the daily operations of the campus Library including prioritizing and reporting facilities issues, supervising staff, events logistics, and monitoring the provision of Library services. The Library Supervisor is the point person for all campus Library facilities and support staff matters.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Completion of a two-year Library Technician diploma from a publicly accredited post-secondary institution or combination of equivalent education, training and experience.
• Minimum one year previous supervisory experience with skills in recruiting, training, scheduling, assigning work, mentoring and conducting performance appraisals.
• Experience using an integrated library system.
• Demonstrated keyboarding skills, understanding of computer concepts and terminology, and experience with Microsoft Office, file management systems, email and presentation of statistical and financial information.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to use tact and discretion with a variety of people and situations and work in a team environment.
• Working knowledge of and proven ability to explain and interpret library policies and procedures.
• Ability to work with a minimum of direct supervision to establish priorities, achieve deadlines, problem solve and function well under pressure.
• Previous experience working in a public services environment.
• Proven leadership abilities.
• Experience planning and managing a budget.
• Ability to lift moderate to heavy weight library materials and move materials on carts.
Mon-Fri 9am-4:30pm. 1x 30 minute unpaid meal period and 2x 15 minute rest periods.
click here for a more detailed job description
to apply, please visit our careers centre: https://tre.tbe.taleo.net/tre01/ats/careers/v2/vie...
Annual salary increases are based on hours worked and anniversary dates
Please note: As per the KPU-BCGEU Collective Agreement, qualified internal applicants within the BCGEU bargaining unit are given first consideration in filling this position. Internal applicants must apply by 11:59pm on the internal closing date in order to be considered as an internal applicant. Internal applications received after the closing date will be considered as an external applicant.
Note to Applicants
The University welcomes and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. If you require an accommodation through our hiring process, please include your request in the application email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.