Branch Manager Oshawa , ON
Open: September 21, 2022
Closed: October 12, 2022
OPL #24-2022 Branch Manager Jess Hann
Reports To: CEO
Location: Jess Hann Branch
Salary: Competitive Salary & Benefits
Hours: Full Time - 35 per week. This position requires the ability to work flexible hours including regular evenings and weekends.
- Leading a public service team, manages and oversees effective and responsive operations of the Branch providing circulation, technology, information and reader’s advisory services, and programming to the public.
- Provides effective management of Branch staff including training, coaching, performance management, conflict resolution, health & safety, and discipline. Responsible for branch staff hiring, transfers, and terminations.
- Manages the overall usage of staffing hours and staff deployment ensuring service points are efficiently managed.
- Responds to customer complaints and feedback at the Branch level.
- As a member of the Management Team, contributes to the development of the strategic plan, annual budget, and business plan.
- Determines and monitors branch goals, deliverables, and strategic targets.
- Creates and maintains a positive work environment that fosters diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Financial oversight for assigned areas ensuring that budgets are effectively monitored and spent, adhering to financial policies and procedures.
- Provides relief management duties as required (e.g. Manager on Duty, backup for other Branch Managers).
- May identify, develop, and manage grant opportunities and special projects.
- Compiles statistics and analyzes usage trends.
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Studies or Equivalent
- 2-3 years relevant leadership experience
- Experience leading and coaching staff in a unionized workplace
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to lead a diverse group of people and build inclusion
- Ability to embrace and positively lead change in a rapidly changing environment
- Possesses superior problem-solving sills and demonstrates a solutions-oriented approach
- Demonstrates experience administering workplace policies, collective agreements & facilitating employee and customer complaints
- Strong project management and strategic thinking abilities
- Ability to demonstrate creativity, innovation and research skills
- Demonstrates experience delivering goals that support the strategic directions of the Library
- Demonstrates ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism, and diplomacy
- Demonstrates a strong understanding of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Drivers’ license required
- Will be required to work evenings and weekends on a regular basis
- A Criminal Record Check satisfactory to the employer is required
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
The Oshawa Public Libraries is committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process. We uphold our values of diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism in the delivery of our services and in our workplace. The Oshawa Public Libraries encourages applications from all applicants, including members of groups with historical employment barriers to equity, this is including but not limited to, Indigenous, Black and Racialized groups, People with Disabilities, Women and Persons within the 2SLGBTQ+ Community.
The Oshawa Public Libraries is an Equal Opportunity Employer in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Should you require Code-protected accommodation, through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted by Human Resources. Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
To learn more about the Oshawa Public Libraries please see our website https://oshawalibrary.ca/
Interested applicants are requested to submit a current resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting job # OPL 24-2022. Only applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted. We will not be accepting phone calls regarding this position. Questions can be sent to HR@oshawalibrary.on.ca
Closes: 12 October, 2022
Oshawa Public Libraries
Oshawa , ON