Reference Librarian (Maternity Leave Coverage) Vancouver , BC
Lawson Lundell LLP is a leading regional Canadian business law firm with offices in Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary and Yellowknife. The firm is recognized and respected by its peers in legal and business publications and was recently named one of BC’s Top Employers for 2021. Business in Vancouver also recognized Lawson Lundell LLP as the fastest growing law firm in Western Canada.
Lawson Lundell LLP is currently seeking a full-time librarian to join our Vancouver office. The successful candidate will perform a variety of duties in our law library, for a maternity leave of approximately 14 months: November 2021 through December 2022. The firm’s library team includes a manager, a reference librarian, and a library technician.
- Deliver excellent reference, research and current awareness services to our lawyers, articling students, and legal support staff
- Conduct information-resources training of articling students and new lawyers
- Participate in lawyers’ practice group meetings, alternating with library manager
- Coordinate other information projects, as required
- MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution is required
- Experience in and/or demonstrated aptitude for legal research, using print and electronic resources
- An in-depth understanding of library applications and the ability to work closely with our vendors and IT to resolve problems and mount new products
- An aptitude for detail and accuracy, and the ability to work independently under time constraints
- Grace under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
Exciting perks and benefits of working at Lawson
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Benefits: extended health, dental, vision, out of country, life, AD&D
- Fitness Benefit: reimbursement for fitness equipment or fitness membership
- Paid Time Off: vacation time starts at 3 weeks, personal days, sick time, and a volunteer day every year
- Financial Benefits: defined contribution pension plan matched by the firm, RRSP, TFSA, year-end bonuses and an employee referral bonus program
- Fun Environment: annual year end party, happy hours, staff appreciation week, and many other social events
- Flexible work hours
What to expect
- A commitment to diversity and inclusiveness; we believe that fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace benefits both our firm and clients
- An environment where constant learning is encouraged
- A fun and collaborative work environment
- A team of unique individuals who will help take your skills and experience to the next level
- A commitment to providing a discrimination-free and harassment-free workplace environment
We support equal opportunities for all applicants and encourage all people of visible minorities, including Indigenous applicants, and those of any religion, sex, age, ability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression to apply.
Although we thank all applicants for their interest in Lawson Lundell LLP, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
If you are a professional, hardworking team player with a positive outlook and would like to share your expertise with us, please submit your resume with cover letter to Debbie Millward, Manager of Information Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closes: 27 September, 2021
Lawson Lundell LLP
Vancouver , BC