Roles and Responsibilities:
- Digitization of priority Huron County Library and Museum Collections. Newspapers on microfilm, films and historic Photographs.
- Work with Vendor for continued digitization, check invoices and check work. Upload newspaper files from Vendor. Check, complete metadata. Perform OCR processing.
- Digitize photographs or archival records for artifact database (PastPerfect), include inventory information and condition.
- Compile statistics, keep precise records. Work with County of Huron IT Staff to solve technical issues if any arise.
- Maintain records to ensure copyright compliance. Keeping statistics and records.
- Promote the collection. Assist the public and Cultural Services staff to use the collection. Answer on-line queries. Update manuals, website and searching tips.
- Provide promotion and education outreach for the digital collection.
- Check, edit and upload film to streaming service.
- Work with Director of Cultural Services, Deputy County Librarian, Senior Curator and Archivist for the selection of files for digitization.
- Post secondary diploma or degree in information science, museum studies, digital archives, history, cultural studies or related field.
- Minimum 1 year experience with specialization work experience with digitization and project management.
- Knowledge of metadata practices and standards.
- Familiarity with Optical Character Recognition (OCR) software, laserfiche, pastperfect or other database.
- Experience with computer applications (work processing, scanning equipment, databases, etc.) and Information systems (both personal computer and network), including troubleshooting.
- Experience undertaking historical research and writing.
- Knowledge of current theory and practice relating to information management.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of digital preservation standards and best practices is a strong asset.
- $23.72 – $26.55 per hour, as per 2021 non-union pay grid
*Please forward your letter of application and resume by 4:30 pm on Friday May 21, 2021 to humanresources[at]huroncounty[dot]ca.
- To be considered for this position, please ensure that:
- Email subject is “2021 – Digitization Coordinator ”
- The cover letter is a maximum of one page
- Cover letter and resume are saved together in one PDF file
- The PDF file name is your: First name Last name (e.g. Jane Smith)
Posted: April 30, 2021