Roles and Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinates the planning, implementation and evaluation of all multi-branch library programs. Coordinates Summer Literacy/Reading programmes.
- Maintains contact with community groups and agencies, including potential donors, promoting Cultural Services. Promotes Cultural Services through outreach activities and public speaking engagements. Attends committee meetings and other functions as required.
- Identifies, solicits and retains donors, funding sponsors and stakeholders who will contribute regularly to Huron County Museum Historic Gaol and/or Huron County Library.
- Applies, monitors, identifies and oversees grant writing opportunities as relevant to the Cultural Services department.
- Coordinates the Virtual Meeting Space programme for Library.
- Coordinates volunteers and and monitors Library Friends groups for compliance and activity.
- Compiles and analyzes information about potential contributors to develop and maintain database/contact list.
- Participates in the Cultural Services and county committees as required. Leads the library programming committee and LTC Learning Team.
- Works evening and weekend hours as required.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned by the Director of Cultural Services.
- Post-Secondary degree in library, information studies, recreation or museum studies.
- 1-3 years’ experience working in a public library or like facility.
- Experience working with museum or cultural programmes, and grant writing an asset.
- Proven communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of library and museum trends, including those relating to collections and library services.
- Experience in advocacy, engagement or public relations.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects. Set goals and meet deadlines. Demonstrated experience with income development programs and marketing.
- Demonstrated experience with identifying, soliciting and retaining donors, funding sponsors and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to work with budgets, fundraising and sponsorships.
- Customer service oriented and experience
- Proficiency in computer use and knowledge of general software programs, electronic databases, social media and library automation systems.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships at all levels.
- $37.72 – $42.24 per hour, as per 2021 non union pay grid
Please forward your letter of application and resume by 4:30 pm on Friday May 28, 2021 to humanresources[at]huroncounty[dot]ca
- To be considered for this position, please ensure that:
- Email subject is “2021 – Library Engagement Coordinator ”
- The cover letter is a maximum of one page
- Cover letter and resume are saved together in one PDF file
- The PDF file name is your: First name Last name (e.g. Jane Smith)
Posted April 30, 2021