Coordinator of Community Development and Service Design Richmond , BC
Richmond Public Library is looking for a full-time Coordinator of Community Development and Service Design to be part of our leadership team. The Coordinator of Community Development and Service Design is an experienced professional responsible for leadership in community services and is a key role in how the library interacts and engages with our community. This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated, creative, and community-led focused team leader. Our staff are committed to building a stronger, more knowledgeable and connected community, where people of all ages, backgrounds and cultures are welcomed and respected. Shifts will include evenings and weekends.
To ensure success in delivering our service model to a diverse community you have:
- Graduated from a recognized University plus a degree in Librarianship from an ALA accredited library school supplemented by sound related library experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- 5 years’ experience as a leader of a successful team.
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development and excellence in public service.
- A passion for making a difference in your community.
- Excellent community service skills gained through experience in community outreach.
- Excellent customer service skills gained through creative and innovative programming.
- Superior interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings.
- Indigenous candidates and candidates who speak languages in addition to English are welcome and encouraged to apply.
- An organization of real people with a reputation for innovation and responding quickly to our community’s needs. Your colleagues have a passion for literacy and life-long learning and a deep commitment to helping the community by sharing their knowledge and expertise.
- A library system that provides diverse materials and learning spaces, inspiring creativity, sharing and knowledge building.
- Competitive salary, health benefits, pension, free parking and growth opportunities.
Please visit our website at https://www.yourlibrary.ca/about/jobs-at-rpl for more details and to apply. The application deadline date is midnight on Sunday, March 14, 2021.
While the Richmond Public Library thanks you in advance for your interest, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. A criminal record check is a condition of employment.
Closes: 14 March, 2021
Richmond Public Library
Richmond , BC