Library Systems Analyst Edmonton , AB
Title: Library Systems Analyst
Company: Insignia Software
Location: Edmonton, AB
Description: Insignia Software is seeking creative, experienced, and driven candidates to lead the development of Insignia Library System. Insignia’s customers include K-12, Public, Academic and Special libraries, who use our ILS to manage their library collections. As a Library Systems Analyst for Insignia, you will report to the President and will recommend and document enhancements to be added in Insignia Library System.
This is a full-time position and will start as soon a suitable candidate is found. Our office is located in Summerside, Edmonton, Alberta.
Requirements: This position involves providing support for various software products. Day-to-day tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Support product development through research and documentation
- Make detailed product enhancement recommendations to improve the product
- Create recommendations for changes and new features
- Create mock-ups of design and functionality
- Review and evaluate customer suggestions for enhancements to the product
- Perform product analysis and comparison with other tools on the market
- Liaise with customers regarding custom development
- Work on ad-hoc research projects as needed
- Seek and respond to RFPs
- Create product documentation
- Work with customers, Insignia’s technical support team, and developers
- Position will be approximately 75% research and development and 25% customer care
- MLIS with a minimum GPA of 3.8
- Bachelor degree in Science, Math or Computing Science is a definite plus
- 4-7 years’ relevant experience. Candidates with less experience but high academic standing will still be considered.
- Must have 2+ years in-depth experience with one or more high-end library automation systems
- Sound knowledge of other library-related information technologies
- IT related certifications or diplomas are an asset
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Impeccable manners via phone and email to provide excellent customer service
- Being multilingual is a definite asset, especially fluency in French or Spanish
This is a permanent, full-time position (40 hours/week) with regular office hours Monday to Friday. Salary is between $72,000 and $84,000 based on qualifications and experience, and including performance bonus. After a 3-month probation period Insignia offers benefits including healthcare package with vision and dental, partially reimbursed gym membership and transit pass.
To apply, please send your cover letter, resume, and transcripts to email@example.com
Closes: 3 November, 2020
Edmonton , AB