Okanagan College transforms lives and communities. We are one of Canada's leading colleges. We create outstanding educational experiences for our learners, both students and employees. We work and learn in a welcoming and caring culture. We are a catalyst for change through collaboration with our learners and partners. We serve, lead and anticipate the social, economic and environmental needs of communities.
Library Technician, Technical Services (E-resources)
Under the limited supervision of a librarian, coordinates and performs a variety of Technical Services duties, with a focus on E-resources. Collaborates with other Library Technicians in the areas of Systems, Metadata and Acquisitions to perform other Technical Services tasks. Provides reference service.
Education and Experience:
Completion of a 2-year Library Technician Diploma is required. A minimum of 2 years related library experience is required. Additional post-secondary education in a related field is an asset. Experience with the Ex Libris Voyager library system is an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of automated library systems
- Proficiency with MS Office programs, particularly Word and Excel; working knowledge of MS Access is an asset
- Technical aptitude for learning new systems and software and propensity for lifelong learning to ensure technical currency
- Proficiency in the use of library-related technologies such as integrated library systems, e-book platforms and library databases
- Demonstrated understanding of bibliographic description and metadata standards and practices
- Knowledge of library reference processes, internet search techniques, and core reference tools
- Ability to work effectively and independently, with limited supervision, and as part of a team
- Must be flexible and able to manage a high work volume and conflicting priorities in order to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills including demonstrated accuracy and the ability to pay attention to detail
Support - Regular Full-time
Appointment Start Date:
Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Annual Salary/Hourly Rate:
$43,878 - $50,139
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Shortlisted internal candidates must notify the current Support Staff Bargaining Chairperson and Human Resources if they want a Union Observer during interviews and final selection of candidates.
Posting Opening Date:
Posting Closing Date:
To apply for this position, please go to the following website: https://www.employmentopportunities.okanagan.bc.ca and complete an on-line application.