Reporting to the Associate Vice-President, Student Services & Registrar, the Coordinator, Library Services is accountable for operational leadership and management of the North Island College Library & Learning Commons.
In particular, the Coordinator is responsible for the planning, delivery and ongoing development of Library Services to ensure that relevant, accurate and timely information resources and services are available to support learning and teaching at the College.
1. Library Management
2. Management of Human Resources
3. Employee Relations
4. External Liaison
5. Budgeting and Financial Management
7. Professional Duties
- Masters Degree in Library and Information Studies from an ALA/CLA accredited institution;
- 5-7 years library experience with 3-5 years' experience in a library leadership role.
- Extensive knowledge of library trends, developments and emerging technologies;
- Excellent leadership skills, including innovation, team building, collaboration, planning, and personnel management;
- Demonstrated proficiency in budgetary and financial processes;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Significant problem-solving and analytical skills.
Please go to http://careers.nic.bc.ca for further criteria, required qualifications and information on how to apply to posting #102559.