Library Technician (Regular Part-Time) Lynn Valley Library (JP#20-01) North Vancouver , BC
North Vancouver District Public Library inspires learning, discovery, creativity and collaboration in our community. Serving almost 90,000 residents across three current locations in the District of North Vancouver, NVDPL has supported a love of reading and culture of learning and discovery for 55 years. While nurturing innovation and honouring tradition, our library is a place where all members of our growing community can learn more, create more, and connect more.
NVDPL is currently recruiting a regular part-time Library Technician. This position reports to the Manager, Collection Services and is part of the Collection Services Team.
The work includes:
- Cataloguing all physical and digital formats, including non-traditional collections
- Collections, acquisitions and processing functions including authority file maintenance
- Liaising with Collection Selectors and other staff
- Additional tasks as required, including the possibility of public service desk work in the future
- Library & Information Technology Diploma from an accredited Library & Information Technology program
- Solid knowledge of and demonstrated experience with current library applications including RDA, MARC21, DDC23, LCSH, MarcEdit and AACR2
- Experience with acquisitions such as approval plans, invoicing, order entry & vendor file would be an asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Excel and word processing
- Good organizational, communication, analytical and keyboarding skills: minimum proficiency: 50 wpm
- Ability to work in a team environment which fosters innovation, collaboration and change and delivers exceptional customer service
- An understanding of and commitment to the principles of intellectual freedom & inclusiveness
- Physical capacity to handle heavy library materials, sustain repetitive motions, and work at a computer workstation for extended periods of time
email@example.com by March 4, 2020 to be considered for this competition.
Interested in learning more about us? Visit www.nvdpl.ca.
We thank you for your interest in employment with the North Vancouver District Public Library and advise that only those short listed for an interview will be contacted.
Closes: 4 March, 2020
North Vancouver District Public Library
North Vancouver , BC