Library technician Coquitlam , BC
Regular Full Time
Hours of Work:
35 hours per week
Marketing and Communications
$28.00 per hour
January 10, 2020
Coquitlam Public Library
Coquitlam Public Library engages our diverse community through creativity, discovery and knowledge. We are committed to building community connections and engagement, technology and innovation, service excellence, and increased Library access through physical, online and mobile services. The Library has two branches as well as the Library Link, our mobile library.
The Coquitlam Public Library is currently seeking a skilled Library Technician to join our team. The primary focus of this position will be to assist in the planning and delivery of a variety of marketing and programming activities to raise awareness of Library programs and services in the community. This position will be actively involved in maintaining the Library’s social media accounts.
- Updating and maintaining content on the Library website and social media outlets
- Merchandising the collection digitally and in-branch
- Assisting in the planning and delivery of a variety of library programs to adults, children and teens, especially those related to technology, and independently presenting such programs
- Researching new technologies and online platforms and making recommendations
- Explaining library organization, policies and procedures to patrons, and conducting tours of the facilities
- Working with external organizations using the libraries services, including but not limited to reserving meeting rooms
- Assisting patrons in locating and using both print and electronic source material while ascertaining the nature of information required and making the appropriate referrals to internal and external resources
- Teaching/instructing patrons and staff on how to use the public access catalogues, internet, computers, personal devices and other library tools
- Participating in various cross-functional project teams
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Library Technician Diploma and one (1) year of experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience working with people of all ages required, experience working specifically with children considered an asset
- Ability to plan, organize and deliver a variety of programs with minimal supervision required
- Must have highly developed computer skills and display confidence in working with equipment and software applications related to position
- Strong command of English communication skills, including verbal and written
- Ability to effectively use resource materials applicable to work in conducting searches for information
- Must have a solid work ethic and be self-motivated. A curiosity for learning new technologies is an asset
- Must be able to perform various physical tasks such as walking and standing for lengthy periods of time, pushing book carts weighing approximately 50 lbs, and lifting, bending and twisting (along with other repeated physical movements)
- Well-developed interpersonal skills required as this position works with various library staff and the public
- Ability to use creativity and enthusiasm when assisting in programming
Conditions of Employment
- Successful incumbent must complete a criminal record check prior to commencing work
- Required to join CUPE Local #561
- Valid Driver’s License for the Province of BC
- Required to work at any branch of Coquitlam Public Library including the Library Link. Travel between locations is required.
What We Offer
In addition to an excellent compensation package, we provide a working environment that supports knowledge, innovation and fun.We strive to inspire learning and service to our diverse community. If you have a proven commitment to providing exceptional customer service in a team environment, with a friendly, patient and outgoing personality, we are interested in meeting you.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION:
Please send an email to email@example.com with your cover letter and resume attached in PDF format. The subject line must include the job code. If you are applying for more than one posting, only one email is required; however, please include all applicable job codes in the subject line.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closes: 10 February, 2020
Coquitlam Public Library
Coquitlam , BC