Provincial Library Leader - Research Administration and Operations, BC Cancer Vancouver Vancouver , BC
Provincial Library Leader
Research Administration and Operations, BC Cancer Vancouver
What you’ll do
- Ensure that library systems and related policies and practices are developed and maintained according to identified standards and priorities in order to support the ongoing information needs of BC Cancer.
- Oversee the maintenance, acquisition and distribution of library collections, both print and electronic. Negotiate licenses for electronic resources with vendors, publishers and consortia.
- Supervise staff to maximize work output. Define roles and responsibilities for each employee, review workload assignments and adjust schedules according to workload to ensure that staffing levels meet operational requirements. Conduct performance reviews and complete appraisals.
- Foster a team environment by establishing priorities, providing guidance and technical advice, proposing resolutions to work problems and monitoring work activities to ensure standards are maintained.
- Investigate work and staff issues and, where necessary, initiate disciplinary action. Participate in the management of grievances and labour relations matters in consultation with Human Resources staff by performing duties such as providing information/background on issues, participating in union/management meetings and determining final outcomes.
What you bring
- A Master’s degree in Library or Information Science from an American Library Association (ALA) accredited school.
- A minimum of five (5) years of recent related experience in a similar environment, including two (2) years’ experience leading and supervising staff, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
What’s in it for you
Every PHSA employee enables the best possible patient care for our patients and their families. Whether you are providing direct care, conducting research, or making it possible for others to do their work, you impact the lives of British Columbians today and in the future. That’s why we’re focused on your care too – offering health, wellness, development programs to support you – at work and at home.
- Join one of BC’s largest employers with province-wide programs, services and operations – offering vast opportunities for growth and development.
- Access to more than 2,000 in-house training programs.
- Enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including municipal pension plan.
- 12 annual statutory holidays with generous vacation entitlement and accruement.
- Perks include onsite fitness classes and discounts to 350 BC-wide recreational programs, travel, technology, car and bike sharing, and more.
675 West 10th Avenue, Vancouver
Until position is filled
Monday to Friday; 0830-1630
Requisition Number: 90284
To apply for this exciting opportunity, click here!
What we do
BC Cancer bccancer.bc.ca provides comprehensive cancer control for the people of British Columbia.
Provincial Health Services Authority (PHSA) plans, coordinates and evaluates specialized health services with the BC health authorities to provide equitable and cost-effective health care for people throughout the province. Our values reflect our commitment to excellence and include: Respect people – Be compassionate – Dare to innovate – Cultivate partnerships – Serve with purpose. Learn more about PHSA and our programs: jobs.phsa.ca/programs-and-services
PHSA is committed to employment equity and hires on the basis of merit, encouraging all qualified individuals to apply. We recognize that our ability to provide the best care for our diverse patient populations relies on a rich diversity of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, and value a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment.
Closes: 1 March, 2020
Provincial Health Services Authority
Vancouver , BC