Librarian Vernon , BC
Vernon Jubilee Hospital is looking for a Permanent Part-Time Librarian.....Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
- A Master of Library/Information Science degree and transcripts;
- Any other relevant or related credentials and transcripts;
- Your resume indicating three years’ recent related experience including recent experience in an academic health science or hospital library;
- A cover letter stating your availability to start in a new position;
- A current valid BC Driver’s License.
**Certificates/degrees/diplomas/transcripts must be from accredited schools/colleges/universities.**
The Librarian participates in development of goals and objectives for Interior Health Library Services to ensure consistent practices and procedures across the Health Authority, and provides input into budget preparations. As required, operates a small hospital or health service/program library in one or more locations within the organization through consistent application of goals, objectives and budget requirements of Library Services. Supports customer-focused, evidence-based health care research and establishes, maintains and evaluates library resources to ensure currency, relevancy and completeness. The Librarian promotes library services including the use of on-line resources through marketing initiatives and development and delivery of related workshops. Uses technical expertise and knowledge of information management technology in the development of on-line library resources, and web-based applications. Provides work direction to Library Technicians and students/volunteers, as required.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- As part of the Interior Health Library Services team, organizes, utilizes, and promotes library information in the Health Authority main and/or satellite library locations.
- Promotes information services, use of on-line resources and access to quality information resources across Interior Health by methods such as developing and delivering instructional workshops, marketing Library Services products and services, plus preparing on-line and print instructional and promotional materials. Provides informal education to clients on the use of library services to enhance skills in undertaking computerized searches and to access information more efficiently.
- Provides in-depth and general library reference services in-person, by email and virtual reference for Interior Health employees and for physicians and students affiliated with Interior Health.
- Provides customer-focused, evidence-based health care research support for institutional and/or departmental initiatives by methods such as identifying and disseminating newly published research evidence in support of best practices, and participating on related committees, project teams and/or working groups, as required.
- Establishes, maintains and evaluates library resources (print and electronic) by conducting a detailed review of existing resources assessing for currency, relevance and completeness; establishing guidelines on the upgrading, maintaining and tracking of resources; and organizing their use and access. Evaluates library resources with respect to client needs by analyzing utilization statistics, identifying current requirements, and reviewing feedback to determine opportunities for improvement and making materials recommendations and/or selection decisions. Consults with other departments regarding information and educational resource needs
- Performs technical processing of library materials including the acquisition, cataloguing, circulation and serial control of items by maintaining electronic cataloguing and record systems according to established standards and protocols
- Participates in the development of short and long-range goals and objectives for Library Services, ensuring that such plans support the larger goals, policies and strategic vision of the health authority as well as site-specific needs
- Provides input to the Manager on the Library Services budget. Monitors expenditures, and provides recommendations to the Manager, as required
- Provides work direction to Library Technicians and students/volunteers by methods such as coordinating work assignments and projects and monitoring for completion
- Develops, monitors and reports on accountability measures pertaining to library and information services to the Regional Library Manager on a regular and/or ad hoc basis
- Liaises with other professionals in partnering universities, colleges, other health authorities, and external agencies to share information regarding best practices and to develop partnerships
- Participates and/or leads Library Services initiatives and projects, and participates on committees throughout the Health Authority, local community, provincially and/or nationally, as required.
- Enhances own professional development by attending educational programs and seminars relating to library services. Keeps up-to-date on trends in library services and new technologies by reviewing developments in technology, equipment and research to enhance library services provided.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Hours of work: Monday to Thursday – 0800 to 1600
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Master’s degree in Library/Information Science from an ALA accredited university plus three (3) years of recent, related experience in an academic health science or hospital library, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Current valid BC Driver’s License.
Please include transcripts.
Skills and Abilities:
- Effective interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
- Ability to organize work and determine priorities within a complex health information environment.
- Demonstrated ability to keep pace with changing technology and needs of the organization, including Internet and electronic library resources.
- Familiarity with evidence-based medical information resources.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, plan and complete projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively with physicians and health care employees.
- Working knowledge of content management systems and web-editors including the use of reference management and cataloguing software.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment including proficiency in utilizing relevant computer applications.
**Along with your CV (resume), please submit your Master of Library/Information Science degree and any other relevant or related credentials and transcripts. Certificates/degrees/diplomas/transcripts must be from accredited schools/colleges/universities.**
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
To apply, please go to: https://jobs.interiorhealth.ca/job/vernon/libraria...
Position will remain open until filled.
Closes: 31 December, 2019
Interior Health Library Services
Vernon , BC