Reference and Programming Assistant Regina , SK
Regina Public Library (RPL) is seeking a part-time Reference and Programming Assistant.
Regina Public Library has been dedicated to enriching the quality of life of the citizens of Regina for over 100 years. RPL’s core mandate is to create enriching educational experiences for the community it serves, while embracing innovation and continuous improvement. Through its Central Library and eight Branch locations, RPL fosters community meeting places that celebrate cultural differences - where citizens unite in the joy of reading, the arts, literacy, and lifelong learning. Please see our website www.reginalibrary.ca for additional information about RPL, our Dunlop Art Gallery and our Film Theatre.
The Reference and Programming Assistant provides reference, reader’s advisory services, and circulation services to the public, and provides technological support to patrons using library services. In cooperation with system Programming Leads, develops, delivers and evaluates library programs.
- Proactively provides reference and reader’s advisory service to the public by initiating contact with the patrons as well as receiving inquiries.
- Provides technological support to patrons using library services, which may include e-books, computers (library provided and patron provided), photocopiers and presentation equipment. Liaise with the RPL Helpdesk as needed to resolve issues.
- Provides circulation services at the point of reference, as appropriate, such as: register patrons, assign PINs, explain circulation policy, place holds, and resolve or refer complaints.
- In cooperation with the Programming Leads, develop, deliver and evaluate programs offered by the library and provide input into the development of system programs.
- Develops and maintains tools/resources both print and digital to help promote reference services.
- Instructs the public and trains unit staff on the use of databases and library software.
- Assumes shift supervisory responsibility as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a related field.
- Ability to learn and deliver reference and reader’s advisory services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to use technology related to library services, including library and patron owned technology, and the ability to learn new technology and adapt to changes within technology as it arises.
- Demonstrated ability to proactively deliver consistent, high quality customer service.
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and delivering presentations.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with the public and staff and to work as a member of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to assume responsibility and work independently with a minimum of direct supervision.
Salary Range:$26.62 to $31.69 per hour
A review and consideration of applications for this position will begin on September 3, 2019. Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Closes: 18 November, 2019
Regina Public Library
Regina , SK