Launch Pad Curator Hamilton , ON
Launch Pad Curator
The position will be to work approximately 24 hours per week, flexibility in days is a possibility, but ideally Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday throughout the school year from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Working under the direction of the Learning Commons Coordinator, the position oversees the Launch Pad. The Launch Pad is an interactive MakerSpace to facilitate creativity and learning.
- Ignite students’ creativity, intellect and interest by providing a variety of concepts in a variety of formats to guide students through personal and group based projects
- Utilizing the equipment, and in collaboration with the Academic curriculum, ensure a fun, safe, organized and rewarding experience for all students
- Maintenance, organization and presentation of all the equipment
- Coordination of the system affecting student participation: appointments, projects
- Online services (website content, calendar, database management)
- Tracking user frequency and patterns by school
- Research support for student investigations
- In collaboration with the Learning Commons Coordinator, budget planning and monitoring of resources
- Research and acquisition of additional resources for the Launch Pad
- Collaboration with academic staff
- Provide instruction on all of the materials to students and staff
- Research and development for ongoing programming in support of classroom initiatives
- Coordination of the volunteer program in the centre
- Other duties as they arise in relation to program needs connected with the Launch Pad (e.g. guest speakers, special collections, field trips)
- Postsecondary education
- Communication skills allowing for interaction with students ages 5 – 19 and staff
- Solid understanding and practice of research processes
- Organization skills for presentation and display of resources
- Initiative in program development and coordination
- Knowledge in one or more of the following categories; game design and development, 3D modeling and design, programming, robotics or application development
Interested candidates are invited to apply to http://hsc.simplication.com/WLSBLogin.aspx by Monday, July 22, 2019.
Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closes: 22 July, 2019
Hillfield Strathallan College
Hamilton , ON