Librarian 1 (Pitt Meadows Library) Pitt Meadows , BC
Location - Pitt Meadows Library, BC
Wage rate - $31.81 to $37.14 per hour (Pay Grade 11)
Job start date: June 5, 2019
Do you want to work with people who are passionate about making a positive impact on their communities?
We’re looking for creative, self-motivated and team-oriented library professionals who strive to serve, inspire and connect with the public. Not satisfied with the ordinary, you share our desire to create exceptional experiences for all our customers.
The largest library system in British Columbia, FVRL is an innovative organization with a mission of opening minds and enabling dreams. Our success relies on a skilled and engaged staff who are unique and passionate about their roles and the impact they make in our communities.
As a Librarian 1, you are responsible for the planning, supervision, organization and delivery of exceptional customer services. Plans and oversees library programs and events. Includes supervisory and administrative duties.
- a challenging and rewarding work environment with a progressive outlook
- competitive wages and benefit package
- the opportunity to experience the Fraser Valley, one of B.C's most scenic and affordable regions, with easy access to a variety of recreational and cultural activities
Check out our Playground! Video: The Playground at FVRL
Hours of work - 28 hours per week
Monday 9:30 am – 5:00 pm (7)
Tuesday 1:30 pm – 9:00 pm (7)
Wednesday 9:30 am – 5:00 pm (7)
Friday 9:30 am – 5:00 pm (7)
Here is what you can bring
- Proven commitment to providing exceptional customer service
- Ability to supervise staff
- A friendly, patient and outgoing personality
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Good problem solving abilities
- A solid work ethic and self-motivation
- Strong team spirit
- Eagerness to grow your skills, learn and explore
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office plus excellent keyboarding skills
- A curiosity and ability to work with and learn new technologies – including a variety of digital devices (e-readers, tablets, etc.)
- Awareness of the community
- Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited library school or equivalent library degree.
- Introductory supervisory training from a recognized institution, or equivalent.
- Up to six months work related and on the job experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and proficiency in information services, readers advisory, reference search strategy / interview techniques and programming.
- Valid B. C. Drivers license (minimum level ‘N’) is required, and must have access to a vehicle.
- Strong focus on programming. Candidate must have passion and enthusiasm for programming for all ages, including early literacy, technology and senior events
For detailed job description and application process, go to www.fvrl.ca/careers - Apply to Job #19-035E
Closes: 29 May, 2019
Fraser Valley Regional Library
Pitt Meadows , BC