Director DAUPHIN , MB
DIRECTOR PARKLAND REGIONAL LIBRARY, MB Dauphin, MB
The Director is the chief administrative officer of the regional library and is responsible for the direction, coordination, long range planning, development and administration of the regional system and its programs, policies, staffing and budgets.
Parkland Regional Library (MB) serves a population of approximately 40,000 people in 21 member municipalities. We operate 23 branches including the main branch at Dauphin, Manitoba.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the operation of the regional system and its programs within the financial conditions set forth in the annual budget.
- Attends all board meetings and acts as recording secretary.
- Prepares an annual budget, keeps proper accounts, and prepares proper reports for board consideration prior to submission to member municipalities and government departments.
- Implements policies adopted by the board.
- Employs and supervises library staff.
- Keeps the board informed about regional activities and programs, government policies and regulations, and the needs of the library system.
- Prepares short and long-term plans and programs to ensure the attainment of approved objectives.
- Oversees adequate and proper selection of library materials in keeping with the stated policy of the board.
- Oversees the development and delivery of library programming.
- Keeps abreast of general developments in the library field and brings to the attention of the board those of significance to the regional system.
- Maintains membership in appropriate professional associations (CLA, MLA) and attends their conferences, seminars and workshops for the purpose of professional development to the benefit of the regional library, with expenses to all within the budget established by the board.
- Degree in Library Science from an accredited library school or an equivalent post-secondary degree in a relevant field of work.
- Minimum 5 years related experience with at least two years in an administrative or supervisory capacity.
- A criminal record and vulnerable person’s check will be required of the successful candidate, and a child abuse registry check may be required as well.
Inquiries regarding this position may be directed to Allen Dowhan at 204-622-3230 or Jean-Louis Guillas at 204-638-6410 ext 222.
APPLY IN WRITING WITH RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO:
Library Search Committee
100 Main St S Dauphin MB R7N 1K3 Or Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
COMPETITION CLOSES: 18 April 2019
Closes: 18 April, 2019
Parkland Regional Library
DAUPHIN , MB