Auxiliary Librarians Richmond , BC
Richmond Public Library is currently recruiting Auxiliary Librarians eager to work in a demanding, high-paced public library environment in all our branches.
To ensure success in delivering our service model you have:
- A Master’s degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA Accredited program, or equivalent
- A love of community building and helping people learn new skills
- Flexibility to work all service points: Kids, Adults, Teens, Digital Services… you can do it all
- The ability to deal effectively and courteously with the public in a high-paced environment, adapt to a changing and innovative work environment and establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues
- High availability for evening and weekend shifts
- Indigenous candidates and candidates who speak languages in addition to English are welcome and encouraged to apply
- Four busy locations open 7 days per week and evenings to better serve our community
- A service model consistently achieving the highest per capita circulation of any large urban public library in Canada
- Competitive salary, benefits and growth opportunities
Send your application via email to: email@example.com by 4:30 pm on March 26, 2019. Please note Auxiliary Librarian in your subject heading and include:
- A cover letter describing how you demonstrate the skills noted above
- A current resume
- Your availability. We are looking for auxiliary staff available nights and weekends, for a minimum of two shifts per week
- One example of an adult and youth program including descriptions of your responsibilities on each program
While the Richmond Public Library thanks you in advance for your interest, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
A criminal record check is a condition of employment.
Closes: 26 March, 2019
Richmond Public Library
Richmond , BC