Circulation and News Technician Toronto , ON
Keeping Ontario’s Legislative Assembly running smoothly takes many talented people, doing many different jobs—from camera operators and committee clerks, to purchasing officers and researchers. The Office of the Assembly is mandated to provide non-partisan support to the Members of Provincial Parliament (MPPs).
Together, we provide administrative and procedural services to all MPPs, as well as operational support for the daily activities of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. Our success is determined by the strength and diversity of our staff and by supporting our core values: integrity, community, and excellence.
Circulation and News Technician
Are you a service oriented individual who can provide excellent service following library procedures? Can you work independently as well as collaboratively as part of the team? The Legislative Assembly of Ontario seeks a Circulation and News Technician who, as part of our Legislative Library and Research Services Branch, in Toronto, ON, will play a significant role as the first impression clients will have of the Branch by receiving their calls, greeting visitors, and providing exceptional customer service to Members of the Provincial Parliament (MPPs), officers and staff of the Assembly.
What You’ll Do
You’ll act with integrity to:
- Interact with MPPs and their staff, retrieving materials, and handling circulation transactions using an integrated library system (ILS)
- Demonstrate the utmost tact, diplomacy and discretion in a confidential, politically sensitive environment
You’ll support our community as you:
- Provide basic research assistance in a fast-paced environment to clients and reference support to Research Librarians, performing searches in various print and electronic news sources such as Lexis Nexis, ProQuest, etc.
- Assist with stack maintenance and shelving, update loose-leaf services, and processing interlibrary loans
- Assist with receiving, check-in and processing of Parliamentary and Sessional Papers and Election Finance material
- Act as backup support for pickup and delivery to/from other libraries, local bookstores or organizations
- May be required to undertake occasional assignments outside the Circulation & News Services unit in addition to your primary responsibilities, such as collaborating with others on branch/division teams or special projects
How You Qualify
You demonstrate excellence through your:
- Completion of a recognized library techniques program or two years on-the-job experience in library or information services environment
- Service orientation, well-developed communication, organizational and interpersonal skills, demonstrated experience working under pressure, flexibility to multi-task in response to clients’ changing priorities and deadlines
- Proficiency in relevant computer technology systems and software applications
- Enthusiasm and motivation, ability to work independently andcollaboratively as part of the team
If you join our team, you can expect:
- To work with a team of dedicated professionals
- Competitive benefits package and Employee Assistance Program
- Continued training and development
- Dynamic working environment
Salary Range: $50,616 – $68,836 per annum
File No.: LA-2018-53
Closing Date: December 19, 2018
Please visit us at http://www.ontla.on.ca/lao/en/office-of-the-assemb... to apply for this position.
The Legislative Assembly of Ontario is an inclusive employer. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org for follow-up.
While we appreciate your interest in obtaining employment with the Legislative Assembly of Ontario, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closes: 19 December, 2018
Legislative Assembly of Ontario
Toronto , ON