Librarian - Louise Riley Library Calgary , AB
LIBRARIAN – LOUISE RILEY LIBRARY
(Permanent Full Time)
As a key member of the leadership team at the Louise Riley Library, you will oversee the deployment of innovations, lead system projects and initiatives, coordinate programming and outreach, and independently represent the Library in the community and with partner agencies bringing the library into more people's lives.
You will also contribute to in-library activities including mentorship, collection development, and delivery of programs to children and adults. This position supports staff members with change and acts as a champion for early literacy and play activities.
The successful candidate will:
- Have excellent leadership and communication skills
- Be positive and adaptable
- Be comfortable piloting new services, technology, and working with diverse populations
Some schedule flexibility may be required to accommodate programming and service needs as they arise.
- Participates in the coordinating, delivery and evaluation of programs for a wide variety of audiences including children, teens and adults;
- Assumes leadership roles in library projects and committees to advance Library initiatives;
- Trains, mentors, and supervises others, as assigned;
- Coordinates daily library activities, and directly supervising an assigned group of employees;
- Acts as a community liaison and oversees branch operations specific to, services for children, teens, and families;
- Proactively assists Library members with collection questions and makes recommendations;
- Resolves member technology issues when accessing Library resources;
- Participates in the delivery and evaluation of outreach programs;
- Carries out collection maintenance and development activities;
- Demonstrates leadership in activities which improve the Library.
- Completion of a Master of Library Science degree from an ALA-accredited library school or approved equivalent degree and three years’ directly related recent full-time experience
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to lead engaging and enriching programs and activities, both in the Library and out in the community
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, presentation skills, and public speaking skills including the ability to adjust communication style to interact effectively with users of different ages, backgrounds, and abilities
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a variety of groups
- Commitment to continuous improvement and self-directed learning
- Intermediate to advanced technology skills
- Competitive salary
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits
- Life Insurance
- Participation in the Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP)
- Employee Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- The opportunity to contribute to an award-winning library system, grow professionally and make a positive difference in the lives of Calgarians
How to apply:
If Librarian - Louise Riley Library sounds like the next chapter in your career story, take this opportunity to make a real contribution to one of North America’s leading public library systems. Please submit a cover letter and resume via the Job Portal on www.calgarylibrary.ca.
Closes: 29 July, 2022
Calgary Public Library
Calgary , AB